Compensation: $24/hr Temp to Hire
Nelson Staffing Petaluma is searching for an HR Generalist for a Cotati Company. The perfect candidate must have strong organizational skills, be extremely detail oriented, able to problem solve and connect the dots. This candidate will respond to a wide variety of employee queries, issues, and concerns. Serves as the primary HR contact.
- Administers the new hire on-boarding, including preparing paperwork, processing background checks, drug screens, physicals/immunizations, driving and insurance clearance, certifications, and creating/maintaining personnel files.
- Oversees ongoing certification program; ensuring employees are eligible to work.
- Provides information to employees on matters pertaining to their personal employee information, on-boarding, and policies and processes.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and company policies and procedures.
- Partners with HR team in order to best respond to employees’ queries, issues and concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- PHR Certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Human Resources.
- At least 2 years experience in on-boarding and HR administration; recruitment experience preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations relative to labor and employment issues (FLMA, FLSA, ADA, etc.).
- Experience working in healthcare and union environment preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS systems.
Interested? Know someone? Please contact Jill Sheehy email@example.com 707-769-6067