In this time where so much has changed, there’s one thing that hasn’t changed at Rebuilding Together Petaluma!
We still need you, your family, and your friends to help us keep vulnerable neighbors in safe and healthy homes.
Even though we miss our big volunteer workdays, this fall RTP would like to hold many small volunteer projects throughout October, rather than one big workday. We feel this will be a safer option for volunteers as well as for our senior homeowners.
We do have many smaller but important needs on our wait list and having volunteers help to accomplish some of the work will save RTP money allowing us to help more people.
These are some of the projects:
- Patch small area of dry rot in a carport post, replace a screen, and clean a skylight for a single 87-year-old woman
- Install handrails and grab bars for a 71-year-old woman with Parkinson’s
- Replace a few windows on a mobile home for a 97-year-old and her 74-year-old daughter
- Deck repair on a mobile home for a 92-year-old woman.
- Civic Project: Dig 5 post holes at the library to install 5 4×4 posts to hold up a temporary 32 ft mural display of female scientists along Washington street (a two-person power auger for digging provided and no cement needed)
Each project will need one or two skilled volunteers and a few helpers. Please respond to this message and indicate if you would like to be the skilled lead or a helper on a team and which project you prefer. We will take it from there and organize. Timing can be decided by what works for each team.
To volunteer on these projects, one must be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination (plus wear a mask if indoors).
As always, thank you so much for your support!
Jane & Victoria
|Rebuilding Together Petaluma
301 Payran Street
Petaluma, CA 94952
Phone: (707) 765-3944